viernes, 21 de junio de 2013

ABOUT WRITING FICTION

They say that the author’s intention is to portray what he sees and what he feels from his external world. Trying to put in written lines what surrounds that careful spectator with his pen and paper. In some way it is like breathing the pure oxygen from the air and trying to verbalise it, gathering every particle of life that comes through your lungs and transform it into art (or trying, at least). His body, as a sort of filter, takes the untouched world his eyes witnessed and mixes it with his experiences that shape his style, obtaining a mixed result, both reality and fiction. However, this is not always true for all writers. When I become and I play the role of an author, I try to manipulate what I see and hear from my environment. There are not mere descriptions found in my writings-though I overuse them sometimes- , there are many things I alter to my own benefit- I wish I could have the same power found in my fictional world to use it in real life- which give (in) coherence to my creations. Sometimes I take reality to its extreme to make it more interesting to the reader (if there are some) and I shape it in a way that it provides a more fruitful experience. So vague and so close at the same time are the relationships between the real world-although I sometimes got entangled in the threshold of sanity and madness- and the writing universe whose almighty creator I become when I write.
Writing fiction is, therefore, a manipulated truth disguised with the literary-I hope so- embellishment obtained from the need of making this chaotic reality a bit less complicated and friendly to the witness eye that too many times has found itself trying to decode the infinite and illogical burden of this disorganised place that some inexperienced dreamers call earth.